Sunday, April 5, 2009

Honeymoon Day 7: It's a small world...

Today was back to the daily grind....no no we didn't head back to reality, just no major adventures planned for the day.

We attempted to wind surf after breakfast, which proved to be a smashing failure. Jürgen managed to get up for a bit, I however fell twice and promptly threw in the towel. I do not like to be bad at things, which prevents me from learning new skills. I must improve this flaw within myself. Today was not the day.

We received an invitation in our room from the mangers inviting us to their cottage for cocktails that evening. What a nice surprise. We gussied ourselves up and walked down the hill to their beautiful place with an open air kitchen and yummy hors d'oeuvres. It was at this cocktail party where we met Sue and Tex, a lovely couple who also reside in Chicago! As luck would have it they had even seen Jürgen in Rabbit Hole at the Goodman Theatre. Amazing how you travel to a remote island only to meet your fellow neighbors. I promised them we would email....which I have yet to do, but I will as soon as I finish this entry! Shame on me.

That evening proved to be the least eventful dinner of our stay in PSV. We started with golden crusted chicken fingers and a green salad, Jürg had a baked stuffed lobster with lump crab meet and scallion butter sauce, and I had the St. Vincent curried conch stew which I ate three bites of.

Since today wasn't a super eventful day I wanted to take this time to share some of the beautiful photos Jürgen took throughout our stay at PSV. Sit back, relax, enjoy.

The hill near our cottage

The spot on the West end beach where you could order food...or.....
Have a Banana!


All kinds of interesting shrubbery


More photos to come!

No comments: