Thursday, April 9, 2009

Honeymoon Day 10: From one world to another...

I have to say, one of the best decisions we made was to add on a trip to Disney World after our stay in PSV. I think I would have suffered a breakdown if I had to go straight back to the land of the real life from such a remarkable place. Disney was a perfect outlet: fun, fast paced (but in a good way) and equally relaxing (in a totally different way).

Today was another long travel day with three plane rides and one boat ride. We are jet setters what can I say? The managers at PSV sent us off with a packed lunch which was beyond nice of them, and was put to good use while waiting to check in at the Barbados airport.

First step: A boat ride to Union Island.



Second Step: A 45 minute flight from Union Island to Barbados in that god-forsaken plane.

After we arrived in Barbados's we were excited to be able to spend the four hour layover in the airlines executive lounge, which boasted free drinks and snacks along with continuing coverage of Obama's soon to be Inauguration and best of all....free Internet!



My name is Blair and I am an Internetaholic.

It's true. As much as I enjoyed being "away from it all" oh how I missed my Internet. My connection to the world. My gmail. My facebook...the list goes on.

After several hours of world wide web-inducing bliss we hopped another plane to Atlanta (3rd step). "The Duchess" was our in-flight film and I am pleased to report that is one of the most forgettable films of the decade.

When we arrived in Atlanta we made our way through customs and needed to feed ourselves. This was the first, harsh, kick-you-in-the-stomach-back-to-real-life moment: airport food. This picture sums it up nicely I think.



After we finished our food, and I wanted to run away forever, we still had a two hour wait until our flight to Orlando. It occurred to me that I have an American Express card which allegedly grants me access to Airline Clubs. I wanted to test the theory, and I passed! However it must be said that the woman who checked us in stared and me and asked "You are 21 right?" We spent the next few hours drinking some more and I enjoyed being able to use my crackberry once again.

We finally landed in Orlando around midnight, checked into a nearby hotel, and slept for a grand total of four hours. More on that later....

1 comment:

Sara Gahan said...

Blair and Jurgen--
Is it weird that I am loving reading about your honeymoon? :-) Sounds (and looks!) like you all had an amazing trip--hooray! But you all are such fun people anyways that I think you would have fun together anywhere! And isn't that a sign of a great marriage? Wishing you guys the best!