Monday, December 15, 2008

Opening Night!

After a mere two weeks of rehearsal and a few days of tech The Snow Queen opened to a full and supportive crowd on December 1st. I bought a special dress for the occasion and ended up taking nary a photo. Terrible I know. However here are some images from the show.

For all you Chicago peeps: It closes Dec. 28th....hit me up for tickets!
We're Summertime Kids! This is yours truly aka Gerda alongside the talented Patrick Andrews aka Kai. We are best friends. Until he becomes a jerk and leaves me.
Gerda surrounded by Kai and the Imps, dancing like they are flower children of the 1970's
Kai becomes seduced by the Snow Queen. Foolish boy.
He flies to the Arctic Circle until a small shoe less girl decides to chase after him. That's Broadway Veteran Cheryl Lynn Bruce as the Storyteller. I adore her.
The enchantress throws me off course while I try to find Kai. Crap.
Composer/Adapter/Musical Genius plays Ravenheart, and gives Gerda advice. How nice of him.
Back on track, I got me some fancy horses, a funny hat and nothing will stop me now!
Except maybe the Robber Girl (Barbara Barrow). I look concerned.
Gerda manages to weasel her way out of that situation to hop on the Reindeer's (Bob Goins) back towards Lapland (which is an actual spot on the map).
The Fish Lady sings about fish and the audience FREAKS OUT!
Yeah you may be seven feet tall and made of ice, but I will bitch slap you to Timbuktu. Yes I will.
Kai is depressed and so very cold. It's his fault. Don't feel bad for him.
Oh Kai I am here to save you. Run away again and I will tell everyone about the time you dressed up in your mothers heels and pearls.
Love at Last!

So basically you saw the whole show right here, but trust me it's way more fun with the band and the music. All in all a great experience which I am really enjoyed coming back to this year. We have two more weeks which means I have about two days of peace before family descends on Chicago and wedding madness begins!

1 comment:

Sarah K said...

Wow, what a re-cap. Do I even need to come next week?

J/K! Love it!