Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Take me out to the Ballgame


We could not have asked for a better night than the night we went to see the Chicago Cubs (who are apparently doing really well this year...I don't know things about baseball) with my mom and dad on July 10th. It was a great game and it marked the first ever visit to Wrigley for myself and Jürgen (it's shameful but true). Naturally we had to eat bratwurst, drink cheap beer and cheer against the opposing team (in this case the St. Louis Cardinals). The Cubs took home a victory that night with a final score of 6-2, and we got to see four of those runs happen all in one inning. I hear that's kind of exceptional. Will this be the year the curse of the goat is broke? Who's to say, watch and find out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Clearly both you and my camera need to get up to speed on the date/time! We went August 10 to see the Cubbies- but my camera date is set to June 12...what's with that??? I obviously need to check out my manual to my camera...anyway- what a fun evening we had- all of us experiencing something for the very first time!!!
Ah... memories!!!!