Monday, August 18, 2008

Enagagement Party: Ocean City Style

For all of you who could not be with us at the Ocean City soirée celebrating the impending nuptials of the Blürg you were deeply missed. However you consider yourselves lucky to have missed the escapades that transpired on the mini-golf course the evening prior. Let's not dwell on discolored memories, but rather march forward with pride.

Day two of the Ocean City vaca was spent at the ocean. Having deemed my several year old bathing suit ill "suited" for the wild waves of the Atlantic, the first order of business was to purchase a new one. Luckily there is no shortage of swimwear merchants in the O.C. As soon as my mission was accomplished Jürgen and I took to the beach, and save a quick lunch we were out side until about 5:00 in the evening. We were joined by Stefanie for a time, but for the most part were left to relax on our own. I questioned this at times and even felt bad. "Where is your family?"
I would chirp, "should we go upstairs and help?" Jürgen assured me all would be well. That evening we both managed to clean up for the celebration. It should be noted that this lovely gathering took place on July 26th, which happens to coincide with Jürgs date of birth. No one seemed to remember this however as all focus was on 1) the wedding and 2) the crabs. You will notice our crisp white attire in the photo above....well that didn't last long. Some event photos
Peering wide eyed into the seemingly unending bushel full of CRABS! We really are in Maryland (we had three of these by the way)
The crab eatin' begins. Must have items to eat crabs: Corona with lime, newspaper, wooden mallets and clothes you do not care about. An ocean view is desirable but not required.
I'm gonna kiss you Crabby, I'm gonna kiss you and then I am going to eat you. Notice the change in attire. This did not occur due to any sort of stain making activity, but rather my astute sense of foreboding.
The carnage begins to pile up. Dave seems unphased.

The festivities continued for sometime and I got the hang of ripping apart the little buggers only to be rewarded with little meat. This is not a spot for the weak of heart. A strong will and constitution are necessary. A few hours in some of the ladies proclaimed they were moving the party upstairs to the fifth floor, while many of the gentlemen remained on the balcony. Jürgen and I stayed downstairs among the wreckage for sometime longer when Stefanie asked me if I would like to go upstairs to "see the condo her Aunt was renting for the week." I obliged and headed upstairs. As I walked into the unit I noticed something hanging over the sliding glass door, as I squinted in an attempt to decipher it I heard a rousing chorus of "SURPRISE!"

A surprise bridal shower! Amazing! I am a tough cookie when it comes to surprises as I usually figure out what is happening before it happens. Not this time. I was totally fooled and I am so happy that I was. Here are some fun photos.

I do not look cute in this photo but it captures the moment perfectly. Love the bride to be sash. It matched my outfit!
Another lovely looking (and tasting!) cake!
Thank you Judy for the incredible decorations.

The following are a series of possible expressions one can have while opening gifts.


No need to limit yourself folks!

Us again, in less white clothing.

I am regretting now that no one thought to take a big group shot of all the ladies! If any of you all have any photos send em my way and they will certainly be posted. For now I leave you all with this image.
Thank you all, it was an amazing party and an amazing shower!

No comments: